Sunday, September 28, 2008

The poor Cats and other tales of beer and knitting...


Mmmm what more could a girl want really? Grand Final day, beer is in the glass, glass is possibly prophetic of things to come and there is much more lace knitting on the needles than there was before a train trip to Melbourne and someone else driving home.

Sadly the game didn't quite go to plan as far as the boys around here would like with Geelong coming second. They seem to have taken it okay though. Well as okay as you can when your team loses 2 games all season and one of those is the last one!

How did my day go? Well...


Yep it would seem that the glass was indeed able to tell the future.....

On the knitting front there has been some FOs and some WIPs. This is Rivolo, a delightful little lace scarf that I am knitting up in Live 2 Knit Judy (Moss colourway), a gorgeous 4ply cotton that is sadly discontinued. If you can get any of this DO IT! It is by far the best cotton I have ver worked with. The pattern is beautifully written and, as do most scarves, seems to chug along after a brief period of inactivity.


I have also been making some big sister presents for a little friend who is about to get a little baby in the family.

They still need ribbons and flowers but they are essentially done. I have decided that a nice cream grosgrain ribbon might be the go on these rather than i-cord mainly due to laziness on my behalf. They are both Seamless Kimono Jumpers, one in a size 2 (yes I am slowly resizing that pattern too) and one in dolly size! The dolly sized one is a complete guess and about half of a normal baby sized job. Both are knit in hand-dyed NZ 8ply from Susanne's House of Wool. It was a huge 200g cake of yarn! I still have enough left over to length the larger jumper for next year. I love the Susanne's yarns are always so generous of yardage and reasonably priced.

Well that is about all that has happened in these parts. The house needs to be cleaned (although I confess that Jason is working hard on that whilst I type) and I might head to the local market for a bit.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I'm glad that the 'ripped' was a statement regarding your inebriation level and not the fate of your lovely lace scarf!

Fi said...

Hahahaha from a Hawks household! I have one very happy (but disappointed he didn't get to see the match)man in this house. Flags have been few and far between in the last 20years ;) Shame we were in NZ with no pay TV!
Scarf is gorgeous too - I love Anne's patterns.