Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Official...

I suck at seaming. Maybe that is self-evident if you look at the number of seamless projects I have designed. I have finished the knitting for Eskimo Joe.

I have sewn in one sleeve and frankly it sucks. I will need to undo it and do it again (or get Mum to do it for me). It just seems that seams are beyond me. They never look neat and tidy like other people's seams. Of course I know that getting Mum to do it will not improve my seaming skills the slightest, but it is so nice that I really don't want to screw it up completely.

Yes okay, I will pull out the sleeve and try again - probably not till after the weekend (performances to do) - but I shall try. As they say, if at first you don't succeed, try again and THEN get your Mum to do it!

3 comments:

Georgie said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with out-sourcing your seaming (my mum is a champion seamer too!). Work to your strengths, I say. I totally suck at seaming too and am so glad to hear I'm not the only person who takes it to her mum!

Amanda said...

I'm with you there. I hate seaming and always botch it. But I've had to learn to live with it - no-one to out source to!

Sam said...

damn. I was hoping to see you wearing it today!