Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Not Rocket Science Coffee Holder


I know I said that there would be no more work these holidays but it would seem that I lied. This is just a quicky and as the title suggests, it is definitely not rocket science so here goes. I really like the mirror image cables that this design creates all the way around.

Materials:

30-35m Worsted Weight Yarn
5mm DPNs
Cable needle
Darning Needle.

Gauge: 20 sts/10 cm

Abbreviations:

C6B: slip 3 stitches onto the cable needle, hold them behind the work, knit 3 stitches, then the 3 from the cable needle.

C6F: slip 3 stitches onto the cable needle, hold them in front of the work, knit 3 stitches, then the 3h from the cable needle.



Pattern:

CO 48sts, join to work in the round.

Work 5 rounds of 2x2 ribbing.

Cable section
Rounds 1-3: [k6, p2] repeat to end
Round 4: [C6F, p2, C6B, p2] repeat to end
Rounds 5-10: [k6, p2] repeat to end
Round 11: [C6F, p2, C6B, p2] repeat to end
Rounds 12-14: [k6, p2] repeat to end

Work 4 rounds of 2x2 rib and bind off.

Weave in your ends and Voila! See not even close to rocket science.

This pattern is provided free for your own personal use. You may knit it for yourself, as a gift, a swap or for charity. This pattern is not intended for commercial use. Any intended commercial use requires permission in writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great lookin' cozy! I need to prctice with my cable stitch needle so this pattern will help me hone my skills. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I've been afraid to work on cables but I'm working on them now!! Thanks!