Sunday, January 25, 2009

Well, Umm, Yes....

That is a very wonky Granny Square. I did crochet it myself with my own two hands! I get that it isn't really great and closer observations of it revealed a "shell" that has 4 double crochets rather than 3 but I am pretty happy with it as a learning piece.

Why Granny Squares you ask? A quite valid question. I rather fancy making one of those Granny Square lap rugs that were all the rage in the 70's. I am sure that pretty much every Grandma's house had one and I also had a doll's blanket that I recall. I was thinking of using the rainbow yarns I bought a while back from the boys' schools' craft market, but I am not sure how much of it I have and thus how far it will go. I might have to hit the next market and see if I can snaffle some more.....

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks good! I only attempted crochet once and made a granny blanket - of course. But it was enough to make me realise that I'm really a knitter.

Fi said...

Rock on - go the granny square. Very underrated I think....

I can't wait to see your rainbow wool in it!

French Nanny said...

Keep at it girl! It's just practice you need.

Jenny said...

you can't beat a granny square blanket for practising your crochet, but it does take a long time to get one finished!