Sunday, October 26, 2008

You've been Punked!

The knitting of the Christmas lace scarves continues and I have finished my Oriel Lace Scarf from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders using some Dream in Color Smooshy in Punky Fuchsia colour way. It is a monster of a thing, about 160cm long, but it is quite beautiful and the colours just are not done justice in photos. My only criticism of the whole project is that the photograph in the book is actually of a double width shawl rather than the scarf that is written. A picky thing I know but I like these things to match up.

This the next scarf. It is the Falling Water scarf with two extra repeats for a little more width made in Wollmeise Sockenwolle 100% superwash, Wilder Mohn colourway.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Great scarves. I'm going to get back into knitting scarves again sometime soon.

Kylie said...

Love the scarves and the colour looks great - I am with you - I am a picture person and would have been so disappointed the the photo did not match with the pattern

Lucky-1 said...

Very pretty Jackie. I have added the pattern to my fav's over on Rav:)

a bronx tale said...

This is lovely. I am also working on the scarf and found your blog through ravelry. I also noticed the version in the book photo is extra wide! This is my first intricate lacework project and I'm having trouble keeping my place in the pattern... any tips?

Jack said...

I am a bit of a freak and sort of get into a mantra (that and my geeky mind really likes numbers and stuff). Other than that, I have also used the old post it note to highlight the row you are doing (move it down as you go and decide on a "finishing" routine of either marking the row completed last or the next row to be done). I also had a very clever friend give me a baking tray and some long straight magnets that do the same basic thing. If you are a colour person you could highlight each row a different colour so you remembered which colour row you were up to. Any of those help?