Sunday, November 4, 2007

I must have tried to blog these things a dozen time...

Somedays Blogger is not kind. I have no idea why but there are some days that I just cannot get a post to happen. Either the pictures won't load or there are buttons missing or the other day I just kept getting a stupid nonsense error message. So let's see how we go today...

I FINISHED MY SOCKS!!!! The colourway is just gorgeous and they do just fit so snuggly. I feel like a "big girl" knitter now that I have done proper sock-yarn socks. For some reason that I can't really explain, the 8 ply International Socks of Doom just didn't feel like real socks. These socks feel like real socks.


I have started knitting OSW for the girls for Christmas (that is of course if I can wait until Christmas to give them to them). I added a small sleeve to the pattern because I just thought that it made them a little more "little girlish" and a little less womanly. Here is the first one (Keisha's) ably modelled by the lovely Big Ted. I am using the yarn that I dyed a few weeks ago.


Lastly in today's show and tell exercise is the Halloween stuff that I knit for my dear friend Beth who has a spooky birthday on the 31st. The bag is Jack by Kate Gilbert done in Cascade 220. It was great fun and looked really fab when finished. having looked at a number of them on Ravelry made in other yarns might I humbly suggest that anyone thinking of completing it stick to the suggested yarn (the Cascade). It felted superbly and had no bleed at all, even where I had been lazy and stranded across the thinner parts like the teeth.

The dishcloths are Pumpkin and Punkin great fun little knits that used up some left off Knitpicks shine worsted and complement the Halloween tea towels and hand towels that I gave Beth last year. Sometime soon she is going to get sick of handmade Halloween birthday presents.

Here are the cloths and the front of the bag.....


And the scary back of the bag.....

I am now working on a new pattern that is working so well. Stay tuned for details....

2 comments:

Lucky-1 said...

Oh I do so love the socks:D I have some wool I and I am going to try my luck with them:D

Sam said...

socks look fabulous! But then, when you have sexy little feet like you, how can they not ;)