Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Joy of a Gift

Some time ago Sam tossed me a ball of sock yarn and said "Here make something out of this" (or words to that effect. It was 50g of Clekheaton Cocoon that she had dyed with a second ball and inexplicably both had come out different colourways (I say inexplicably because as far as I can tell Sam is flawless, just like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way). Anyways, I got one and Tania got the other.

Tania whipped up some socks for her gorgeous daughte Matilda but having no little girls here at testosterone central, I figured I had to make something for myself. Besides, the yarn was gifted to me and so it should be made into something for me in my eyes.

This is where having size 6 feet comes into it's own. I found this pattern on Ravelry and it seemed just perfect for my little ball of yarn. So now my feet are wrapped in the warmth of a gift that I had fun turning into something for me. That is the joy of a yarn gift!


Oh and the astute amongst you would see that my Ravelry t-shirt has arrived! Woohoo. And now just so you can see the side of my socks and I can embarass Jason....

3 comments:

Tania said...

They look great, the shirt looks terrific and well Jason looks a little too happy, I'm not sure if it's the game of twister he's obviously playing or the fact he must have voted Kevin 07!

Sam said...

Mary Poppins? tehehe :P Glad you had enough! They look great. Oh how I would love to have sexy little feet like yours ;)

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Your Peds look fantastic! :)