Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A day to count your blessings.

I went to a funeral today. It was for a student of mine, a 16 year old boy who died last Wednesday of a particularly aggressive form of leukaemia. He was just such a beautiful boy and I and everyone who knew him are richer for the experience.

He was the youngest of three boys and as I looked at his poor parents I couldn't help but offer up my silent thanks that it wasn't me. Sometimes we forget how blessed we are and we forget to be thankful for that which we have. Rohan has been a three year old pain in the rear of late but this has reminded me that even to be able to argue with the headstrong little bugger is a privilege.

Give your loved ones an extra hug tonight and tell them that you love them. You never know what is around the corner.

Rest in peace Jack.

1 comment:

Sam said...

That is so heartbreaking. I can't even begin to imagine what the family must be going through.