Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hat Week Continues....


My version of Angela Hayne's Charlie's Car Cap from Magknits. Cleckheaton machine Wash (on sale at Kmart $5.25 total) and some Hamilton Woolen Mills I had lying around. The most expensive part were the patches ($14.95 as Spotlight). A packet of multicoloured buttons $4.99. Total cost about $25, look on the boy's face, priceless! (Jason tells me that that is tacky. He could be right.)

Mods to the pattern. I used I-cord and 10 stitches in the round for the traffic lights and a three-needle bind-off for the top. I also used 4mm needles and a 100 stitch cast on.

6 comments:

laughing purple goldfish said...

adorable boys hat... I have a couple of little men in my life who would love one just like that

Anonymous said...

That grin is worth the price!

Amanda said...

The hat is almost as cute as that grin!

Rachael said...

What a great hat! I'm certainly not showing that one to master F, or he'll be pooh poohing the very basic snow hat currently on my needles ;).

NeveMaggie said...

This is one my do to list. I think it will be next after finishing off my last few projects.

So cute.

Anonymous said...

That hat is absolutely adorable!