Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bendigo!

Yet another trip to the Bendigo Sheep and Wool show has come and gone. Sam and I ventured over on Friday via Purls Palace and the Chocolate Mill in Daylesford before landing at the Bendigo Woollen Mills and then onto the motel. After check in, there was a brisk walk of town with the main intent of finding a bottle shop and hence wine before returning back refreshed and exercised. It was then, clearly, wine o'clock. Rach, Grant and Neko arrived shortly there after. Excellent timing I'd have said!

I was declared the queen of wine and wool and presented with my shell soap-and-toiletry-holder tiara and very long Sam-made knee sock sash.

Wine, pizza, chippies, chocolate lava cakes and Eskimo Pie were consumed and we settled in for some knitting and TV (and more wine).

Saturday saw us head off to the Ravlery breakfast which was a hoot and saw us walk away with a range of prizes and consume the most long-awaited coffee of the weekend.

The show was of it's usual standard. The stallholders had some magnificent wares and both Sam and I purchased a range of beautiful things (although I think I was very controlled coming home with only a little over 500g of yarn).

Here I am showing my justifiable love for some Wooldancer rainbow organic merino and some equally loveable Tailored Strands Alpaca.

Sam was enamoured with her Jitterbug from Sarah Durrant that she has been babbling about for the last month (year, century..) or so.

There was some amazing wool craft like this...

And some VERY ugly jumpers like this...


There was a sheep that Sam tried to speak nicely to...

It didn't reply so I gave it a seeing to.

It was much better after that! There was an alpaca that really belonged in "The Big Book of British Smiles".

And lots of other cute alpacas and big-bummed rams.

And all I came home with was this "little" pile...

See, some of it isn't even yarn!

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm dying of envy here! Looks like you girls had so much fun. One year (if I can ever remain baby free) I will make it over.

Sam said...

you were incredibly restrained! And by the way.. i think the sheep enjoyed the spanking ;)

Rachael said...

Yes you can just imagine the words going through my head as I view you giving the sheep a talking to...lol.

I agree you were restrained. A very civilised little stash there!

Kylie said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great weekend - kicking myself now that I did not get there this year.

Amanda said...

Such restraint! It was a great show.

Alrischa said...

I saw another awful jumper, made of patches of ALL colors, and worn proudly by the woman who must have made it herself. But I forgot my camera!

Staying overnight sounds like fun! And what did you guys win at the Rav breaky?

kelgell said...

Ooo nice collection. And you bought one of those wooden pin things. I was looking at them. I wanted to buy one but I didn't have much to spend. Next year I'm gonna save for it! It was a good show.

Kat said...

lol I dont what made me laugh more, you crowned as queen of wool and wine, giving that wool some loving or the alapaca with the grin...great stuff guys I am super jealous..

mcm said...

Haha that post gave me a giggle.
You did show some great restraint I could only imagine.