Monday, May 18, 2009

Someday we'll find it...

The Rainbow Collection that is!!


I think Rohan might have a rainbow problem!

The kids have all wanted scarves and being the obliging mother that I am I have happily knit them all up.

Bevan's...

Duncan's...


Rohan then decides that he needs one too. Exploration uncovered that he wanted it be like Bevan's, but stars not diamonds, and rainbow! I got the scarf done after a few false starts and then the child wanted a matching hat and matching "gloves" (always ask a 4 year old clarifying questions because it turned out he really wanted mittens).

Now Rohan is (nearly) head to toe rainbow! I wonder if I have enough yarn left for socks?

PS: The yarn is Susanne's House of Wool in Rainbow. The scarf and hat are my creations, the mittens are Basic Cuff-Up Mittens by Patti Pierce Stone The diamond scarf was from a lion brand email and is knit in Shepherd Colour 4 Me. Duncan's scarf was my creation in Monster Knits Corriedale (blue fish colourway).

4 comments:

Lola said...

so cute :) all of them

catsmum said...

awwww that last photo is sooooooooooooooooo cute ! [ and btw sorry that you too have had a less-than-stellar week ]

Alrischa said...

The scarf and mittens are so cute, but I really love the hat!

Julie said...

What is it about scarves? Almost like a virus only a good one. One gets one and they all want one. I'm nearly half way through my daughter's scarf (pink and brown, seed stitch, keyhole) that she asked for when she saw me finish her older brother's scarf (very red, very ribbed) that he asked for because he saw me knit one for someone else. I also have one on the needles for my hubby and one for my niece. Sheesh! Oh well, could be sweaters that they're all asking for. :)