Friday, May 8, 2009

I love Jila Mints!

Not just because they are tasty. Not just because they are sugarfree. Not just because they are made here in Ballarat by a family owned company. Not just because that family all went to the school I teach at.

But also because the awesome (recyclable) tin that they come in makes a great handbag knitting kit!


All the bits and bobs you might need on the run! Markers, darning needles, a tape measure and a little blade for trimming ends. Truly my best idea this week. All the necessities and fits in the handbag with no trouble at all.

And just to prove that I have also been knitting.....

The flower basket shawl from Evelyn Clark in the Yarn Cafe Sock Club yarn from Yarn Collective. Small but lovely.

5 comments:

Alrischa said...

Wow, you do seem to churn out the knitting! Really nice little shawl. Looks a bit like a really squishable scarf... only it's not right to do that to lace! hehe.

Little tiny nailcutters make good compact wool trimmers, too. Not that you need to go smaller Ü

Katidids said...

Beautiful Shawl, and lace...((sigh)) my down fall!

Bec said...

Love the shawl - is that the pistachio colourway? I love the sock clubs - seeing what different people do with the same yarn.

Jodie said...

I didn't know any of that about Jila mints....sheesh!

Trudy said...

Oh, I love that shawl--I've heard it is small, but it's so lovely!!