Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And I looked and nearly a month had passed...

How the hell does that happen? One minute it is three weeks ago and now it is today. I am sure a bazillion things have happened in the interim but they seem to have flown by in a blink.

Since last I posted there have been four birthdays, a kid's dance concert and the usual array of "stuff". I have turned 38, Duncan has turned 8 and we have got two new cats -

Georgie


and Mia.


Both from the local RSPCA. Georgie is 3 and was a stray. Mia is 9 months old and was surrendered. They are both very sweet and the house feels like a home again with cats in it.

I have finished my Wheat Cable Vest by Lisa Gonzalez in Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran.


I really like it although it a little large on me. It is off to a new home as a birthday gift. It has given me a gift though, it forced me to learn to cable without a cable needle. It is modified a little. the bottom is knit in the round with a cast on 4 stitches shy of the total back and front and there are only 2 purl stitches between cables at the sides. I also cast off more stitches at the underarm for a narrower shoulder. The pattern called for 1x1 rib at the neck and shoulder but I chose to continue the 2x2 of the bottom. Well that and you all know how much I love 1x1 rib.

In further news, the Felix cardigan is in test knit up to a size 6 and should be ready for release soon.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I really love that vest. What a lovely pressie.