Saturday, September 19, 2009

I knocked down the fence!

Fence has been sitting on my knitting pile for weeks (maybe months) now staring at me in a most accusing fashion saying "when ya going to finish me?", "why are you starting something else when I still here?" and "come on, I am nearly finished, just finish me."

I was sort of feeling the love for this for as little while. I really liked the lattice lace and I still really like the look of the finished product but the thing just did my head in. I decided to do to the armholes in the round which was a bad move and the pattern was just damned hard for me to read. Maybe it makes perfect sense to some but it just isn't written in a way I like and that bugged me. I am quite sure that there are people out there who think the same of my patterns. I like my instructions to be sequential. I would rather read the exact same thing in four different places than be skipping here, there and everywhere. It is the same reason I like APA referencing over footnotes.

Well I have fixed my dilemma, fence has gone to the frogging pond and will no longer be looking at me unloved and unfinished. Now I need to work out what else to do with the Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran. I really would like a vest. Any suggestions?

And in other family news, my baby turned 5!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

If you want a hoodie type vest (ala CPH) I have a pattern in the Knitscene I have here...give me a shout if you do! (meanwhile I'll try to find a linky for you)